WVU's Dr. Julian Bailes and Bennet Omalu, M.D., a neuropathologist now practicing in California, appeared on ABC's Nightline program (with guest host Martin Bashir) on October 16, 2009 to discuss the long-term impact of concussions to NFL football players.
- Concussions and Congress and the Future Game NYTimes.com Fifth Down Blog, Nov. 1, 2009. Includes YouTube video of Representative Linda Sánchez (D., CA) questioning NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.
- Hard Knocks: Does Playing in NFL Cause Brain Trauma? Online NewsHour (PBS), Oct. 29, 2009.
- Malloy, Daniel. Hearing spotlights NFL concussions Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Oct. 29, 2009.
- Schwarz, Alan. Commissioner Criticized Over N.F.L.’s Handling of Players’ Brain Injuries. New York Times, October 28, 2009.
- Schwarz, Alan. In Gay Culverhouse, N.F.L. Players With Head Injuries Find a Voice New York Times, October 27, 2009.