December 07, 2005

Interview with Donald Norman

The Fall, 2005 issue of Technical Communication Quarterly features an interview with product design / usability guru Donald Norman. He talks about his latest book, Emotional Design: Why We Love (or Hate) Everyday Things. The article covers lots o’ things that interest me, such as emotions & design (there are so many designs I hate; I’m looking at you Microsoft Windows; and many that I love – yes, that is an iPod surgically connected to my hip); the intersection of technology and communication; and Norman’s research at Northwestern / University of California, San Diego.

I [heart] Donald Norman

Mark Zachry. "An Interview with Donald A. Norman"
Technical Communication Quarterly.
Autumn 2005. Vol. 14, Iss. 4; p. 469.
Full-text available in ABI/Inform, Communications & Mass Media Complete, and Wilson OmniFile Full-text.

No comments: