May 05, 2006

Institutional Repository, Me?

Yes, it’s true! I have put my recent conference presentation into the University of Connecticut’s Institutional Repository. See for yourself, and let me know what you think. I may add more materials, but there are some issues to be worked out.

Should I put in a copy of the final article published in Computers in Libraries? Or the unedited version I originally submitted to them? I do own the copyright, so that is not an issue in this case. But, if I submit the final copy, where do I get the copy? The article is in Academic Search Premier as a pdf (access to ASP required).

I don’t want an unedited copy in the Repository. I don’t know why; maybe I’m just old fashioned. But I do want a record of my work there — both to promote myself, and to represent the library in the Repository. But I’m not sure I have the right to use the ASP copy (and I look at licenses in my day job, so I’m properly concerned).

It’s a muddle for the digital age. What say you?

No comments: